The Syracuse Basketball Social Media Report
Social media has become a huge part of the sports world. Players are no longer untouchable. In fact, players are so accessible that you can interact with them daily if they’re on Twitter. Luckily for Orange fans, most of the players on the men’s basketball team are on Twitter, some being more active than others.
So over the course of the season, College Spun will be taking a look at each player’s follower count. Which players are gaining and which are losing? Do some follower counts skyrocket after great performances? We’ll keep track of the stats and give you weekly analysis, including important follower counts and reasons for gain or loss.
Here’s where we currently stand after one game:
1. Brandon Triche – 13,333 followers
2. Rakeem Christmas – 12,411 followers
3. Michael Carter-Williams – 10,364 followers
4. C.J. Fair – 10,205 followers
5. Trevor Cooney – 5,037 followers
6. Baye Moussa Keita – 4,032 followers
7. DaJuan Coleman – 3,145 followers
8. Jerami Grant – 2,983 followers
9. Griffin Hoffmann – 1,995 followers
10. Matt Lyde-Cajuste – 683 followers
11. Albert Nassar – 618 followers
12. Russ DeRemer – 603 followers
13. Nolan Hart – 548 followers
Check back with us weekly for updates about how each player is doing in the Twittersphere.