Sunday, Dec 2, 2012 1:06 pm
5 Things You Care About Today In College Sports
Here’s what’s going on today in college sports:
5. Men’s Basketball: California vs. Wisconsin @ 4:00 on Big Ten Network: Okay, so the day after the college football regular season ends isn’t the most thrilling day in college sports. But Bo Ryan’s team is well-coached and it’s always fun to watch some high-profile inter-conference matchups.
4. College Football Coaching Changes: It’s that time of the year again when a lot of coaches will get the dreaded “Coach, [INSERT Athletic Director HERE] would like to see you in his office.” Skip Holtz was already fired from South Florida this morning. Who’s next?
3. College Basketball: George Mason vs. Maryland @ 2:30 on FOX Sports Network: George Mason is one of the best mid-majors in the country every year now, and they face off against a traditional ACC power in Maryland. Both of these teams should be decent again this year, and this is an early-season matchup worth flipping to…at least for the end.
2. BCS Bowl Selection Show, 8:30 PM, ESPN: Sure, you can probably plug in most of the matchups on your own, but there’s likely to be a few big surprises. These are set to be the best games of the college football season, so make sure to tune to see who plays in January.
1. College Football Bowl Selection Show, 9:30, ESPN: So not every team can play in a BCS bowl, but many will still have a chance to finish their seasons with big wins to springboard themselves into 2013. Bowl season lasts for a solid 3-4 weeks, and this show will allow you to fill out your couch calendar for December and January.