12 Things That Won’t Change In College Football In The 2013 Season
Every college football season is different, right? Yes and no. There are a few things from the 2012 season that will also be true in 2013. They are:
1. Alabama will be tough to beat
I mean, really tough to beat. Nick Saban is a machine who annually finds an awe-inspiring group of players. Does it even matter who the Tide return and who they’ve lost? Whoever is there is going to be immensely talented and coached-up to the smallest of details.
2. Lane Kiffin will be mocked
Lane Kiffin tries too hard. The guy knows football, I think, but something about his approach just doesn’t click and doesn’t inspire confidence. Combine his questionable coaching decisions, the dumbfounded face he tends to make, and the cutthroat fans down in L.A., and you have a recipe for BOOOOOOOO!
3. Penn State will be tougher than you think
Bill O’Brien’s stalwart coaching style is contagious and will continue to inspire a team of below-average talent. Run the ball, don’t turn it over, tackle, be hard-nosed and you’ll stand a chance. The Nittany Lions will never be a cakewalk with O’Brien on the sideline.
4. Brady Hoke won’t wear a headset
Maybe it hurts his ears?
5. Oklahoma won’t live up to the hype
Something is missing in Norman. Sure, the Sooners went 10-3 last year, but they lost to Notre Dame by 18 and Texas A&M by 28. In both games, you could tell they were vastly overmatched. Oklahoma will have no problem competing within the Big 12, but it could see more problems when facing strong out of conference opponents.
6. Florida’s offense will make you scratch your head
I was so confused each time I watched the Gators last season. Their offense seemed to have so many weapons, yet it just never amounted to much. That usually means there’s a coaching issue. So what did Florida do? Gave its offensive coordinator Brent Pease a raise. He better turn things around or…
7. Will Muschamp will get really mad and scare people
“I SAID SUGAR NOT CREAM!”
8. You will see a whole lot of A.J. McCarron’s girlfriend
Boy, I hope so.
9. Clemson will seem like a sexy pick to go all the way, but its defense will falter at big moments
The Tigers need more discipline on D before they can win big games. Yes, they did beat LSU last year in their bowl game, but the (other) Tigers’ offense was far from dynamic. Besides, we’re talking about them having a chance to win a championship, not the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
10. Taylor Martinez will throw costly interceptions
A wonderful athlete, yes, but Martinez lacks consistency and is simply not trustworthy. I mean, as an Ohio State fan I trust him to help us, but that’s not good for Nebraska faithful.
11. Brian Kelly will scream in the face of his quarterbacks
Maybe Everett Golson’s incident was no accident.
12. A team that shouldn’t be there will make a BCS bowl game and get crushed
I’m sorry, Northern Illinois, but we need to do better. Thankfully only one more year before the College Football Playoff!