Ever Wonder What Pitt and Cuse’s Records Are Against ACC Teams?
On July 1st, 2013, Pittsburgh and Syracuse officially leave the Big East for the ACC.
Some of their new opponents are familiar faces from years of competition in the Big East, while others they’ve barely ever played before.
We thought it’d be interesting to look at football records for both Pitt and SU against their new conference-mates.
Some things we learned?
- Both schools have virtually the same winning percentage against existing ACC teams.
- Miami’s dominance of the two programs skews the overall stats greatly.
- Syracuse apparently struggles against both NC State and Florida State.
- Pitt and Wake Forest have never played before.
- Syracuse and Maryland have played 34 times, but the last meeting was in 1994.
- Clemson is the only existing ACC school to have never beaten either Pitt or Syracuse.
And in case you wanted to know, Pitt leads the all-time series against SU, 34-30-3.
Stats compiled using http://football.stassen.com/records/opponent.html.